Development DirectorCompany: Salvation Army
Date Posted: January 4, 2018
The Salvation Army corps located in Springfield, Missouri, is looking for an excellent communicator with extensive fund-raising experience to join their team as the new Development Director. This is a salaried position that comes with a great benefits package.
1. Work in collaboration with Corps Officers to develop, coordinate and implement a fund-raising plan to meet budgeted goals for current and expanded operations and setting specific goals for all fund-raising activities.
2. Work in collaboration with Corps Officers to develop and implement a major gift fund-raising strategy to reach budgeted goals including tax credits. Create relationships that lead to major gifts. Participate in administrative planning and evaluation of fund-raising programs.
3. Work in conjunction with the Volunteer & Event Coordinator in developing event and volunteer programs to increase fund-raising and local awareness.
4. Develop fund-raising strategy to include contact with local media, preparation and distribution of public service announcements and soliciting groups for Army personnel speaking engagements.
5. Actively participate in Advisory Board/Councils and committee meetings.
6. Personally solicit and secure major gifts and pledges from prospects and donors by identifying prospects and donors, developing their interest, cultivating relationships and following up with stewardship.
Full Job Description will be provided upon request and/or interview.
Bachelors degree and four (4) years work related experience. Combination of training and experience will be considered. Comprehensive knowledge of fund raising, including prospect research, solicitations, major gifts and grant/proposal writing. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Working knowledge of computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database and e-mail.
Must be a team player, self-starter, able to efficiently and effectively manage several projects at the same time, and perform well with minimum supervision. Ability to think independently and exercise sound judgment. Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure. Able to work additional hours as needed (e.g., during the Tree of Lights campaign.) Must pass TSA MVR check, have a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
To apply for this position send your resume to:
The Salvation Army
Attention: Julie Lindsay
1707 W. Chestnut Expwy
Springfield, MO 65802
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.