Executive Director - Church RelationsCompany: Convoy of Hope
Date Posted: June 4, 2017
Vice President – DevelopmentMinistry
The Executive Director – Church Relations supports the ministry of Convoy of Hope by leading Church Relations strategy and execution within the assigned region. The objective is to build relationships with pastors and churches; generating financial resources, awareness & advocacy, Directo rserves Convoy of Hope volunteerism, and Convoy of Hope program partnership. The Director serves the organization as a credentialed minister, speaks on behalf of the organization at churches and conferences, administers sacraments and conducts religious worship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement a comprehensive Church Relations strategy for your region to include direct mail, e-mail, face-to-face interaction, friend-raising events, vision trips, fundraising campaigns, denominational strategies and strategic partnerships.
2. Allocate your assigned budget to strategic initiatives designed to maximize results in your region. Initiatives may include but are not limited to: Adding FT reps, adding CR Liaisons ,hosting regional events, leading vision trips, sponsoring conferences and gatherings.
3. Working directly with pastors and through Reps and Liaisons in your region, ensure the appropriate invitations are made for Compassion Cup and Hope Cruise events throughout the year.
4. Working in partnership with your peers in other regions, provide relational assistance with pastors and donors to ensure that appropriate invitations are made to for Compassion Cup andHope Cruise events throughout the year.
5. Working in partnership with your peers in other regions and with the Development Resource Team, build strategy for direct mail, email, and campaign support materials for pastors &churches.
6. Secure “Event Sponsorship” donations from corporations, major donors, and churches to help offset event costs and improve overall return on investment.
7. Actively engage with and manage a personal portfolio of church donors, including personal cultivation, solicitation, closing of gifts, and stewardship.
8. As a member of the Senior Management Team, assists in policy creation and decision-making.
9. Manages according to established CoH policies and procedures and holds self and staff accountable to them.
Continuously finds processes that create improved efficiency while maintaining conformance to approved policies.
10. Responsible for knowing and staying within established budget, holding self and staff accountable to it.
11. Meets or exceeds established fundraising goals and key performance indicators on an annual basis.
12. Provide leadership to other projects as assigned across the department.
13. Provides for Convoy of Hope Chapel ministry as scheduled.
14. Conducts worship services.
15. On the field, as both a representative of Convoy of Hope and the partner ministries provides regular devotional and prayer for Convoy of Hope workers and spiritual counseling.
16. Provides spiritual counseling to Convoy of Hope staff and volunteers.
17. Performs sacerdotal functions as requested by Convoy of Hope staff, volunteers, or others both at the Convoy of Hope offices and on the field.
Ministry DescriptionRequired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred; High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. 5+ years management experience required.
3. 5+ years fundraising experience required.
4. 30% - 40% travel anticipated – both domestic and international.
5. Previous experience managing relationships in a church setting and an extensive network of pastors and churches and established credibility within that network.
6. Ability to use a PC and software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, indifficultand Excel.
7. Strong organizational skills for handling several projects at one time.
8. Strong problem-solving skills and ability to remain calm under pressure, maintain in difficult situations.
9. Excellent interpersonal communication skills for dealing with pastors and other leaders
10. Excellent presentation skills for casting vision and communicating needs.
11. Serve as an advocate for the ministry, striving to nurture, broaden and develop financial andother resource opportunities to support and expand organizational and program ministry.
12. Ability to positively represent the ministry of Convoy of Hope, including its mission statementand core values, to all outside constituencies.
13. As a Christian organization, Convoy of Hope believes it is critical that each staff member embraces the organization's religious purposes for which it exists and not only agrees with its Statement of Faith but demonstrates it in their lives on an ongoing basis.
14. Has no other employment or conflicts of interest that would distract from his/her main responsibilities at Convoy of Hope unless by written approval, per Convoy of Hope’s conflict of interest policy.