Development DirectorCompany: Pregnancy Care Center
Date Posted: May 16, 2017
A Christian, life-affirming ministry founded in 2000, PCC’s mission is to provide health, wellness and relationship services and education for women and men facing an unplanned pregnancy, thereby saving lives and strengthening families in Springfield and southwest Missouri.
We do this by offering free confidential services including pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, one-on-one coaching and relationship and family education classes.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Development Director serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting PCC. This position is responsible for all fundraising and development activities.
The Development Director will design and implement a comprehensive plan for encouraging, maintaining and increasing philanthropic support to meet the short and long term needs of PCC. He or she will also help forge new relationships to build PCC's visibility, impact and financial resources.
The Development Director will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to expand PCC's budget through the solicitation of major gifts, grants, special events, and other support. These activities shall be consistent with the mission and goals of the organization and shall reach individuals, corporations, churches, and para-church organizations in the community.
- Actively work with the CEO to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy and budget in the following areas of fund development: annual giving, foundation and government grants, major gifts, planned giving, special events, donor relations, community relations, etc.
- Plan special events including PCC’s annual Walk for Life, annual Banquet and others as decided
- Collaborate with the CEO to develop and implement PCC's branding, public relations and marketing efforts, which may include advertising, social media, promotional pieces and publications, etc.
- Lead the Development team; responsible for direct management of two team members and approximately five part-time volunteers
- Have primary responsibility for development and execution of all grant proposals; write and archive all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach
- Oversee research of funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position PCC ahead of major funding changes or trends
- Work with Creative Services team members on the development, design, and maintenance of PCC’s websites and social media accounts
- Monitor and report regularly on the effectiveness and efficiency of the development program
- Oversee maintenance of and reporting from donor database software (eTapestry)
- Provide leadership to Creative Services team to carry out photo shoots and videography for publications and videos
Estimated Time Allocation:
Donor cultivation and stewardship processes – 40%
Project management - providing leadership to donor and community events – 30%
Management of marketing and communications – 20%
Organization - all other details, reporting, collaboration – 10%
- Passionate about the pro-life movement.
- Experience in the pro-life movement preferred.
- Commitment to Christ and willingness to courageously do Christ’s will in the ministry.
- Dedicated to prayer and spiritual growth.
- Commitment to promote the center’s mission, vision and statement of belief
- Committed to the sanctity of human life and healthy relationship/abstinence education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or similar field; graduate degree helpful
- 5-10 years of professional experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources)
- Management experience, one to three years minimum strongly preferred
- Flexible and adaptable style, teachable attitude; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Client, community and stakeholder focus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; diplomatic, tactful
- Professional and resourceful style; efficient, productive and skilled in problem solving
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability and willingness to serve and foster genuine relationships with stakeholders, including fellow team members and volunteers; displays emotional intelligenceAble to effectively represent PCC to and communicate with all constituencies, including churches, public and the media; able to use discernment in all communications
- Excellent judgment and integrity
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside PCC
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint strongly preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Professional Development: 5 years