Community Engagement CoordinatorCompany: Ozarks Food Harvest
Date Posted: January 22, 2018
The Community Engagement Coordinator will raise awareness around the issue of hunger while developing Ozarks Food Harvest's community partnerships. The Community Engagement Coordinator will oversee Ozark Food Harvest’s food and fund drive program. This position will also provide support to the Senior Coordinator and as needed, Development & Grants Manager. This position is responsible for various fundraising and communication duties, and requires a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Essential Job Functions
Community Engagement Coordination
- Develop a robust annual community engagement plan through events and the food and fund drive program.
- Provide excellent customer service to community partners for drives, events and third party partnerships.
- Design and prepare event materials for hosts.
- Maintain inventory of drive materials and reorder as needed.
- Create online fund drives using FirstGiving and social media peer to peer fundraising platforms.
- Work with other departments with tasks related to the food drive program and events. (i.e. coordinate logistics with the operations team, collaborate with volunteer manager to recruit volunteers for drives, collaborate with communication coordinator for promotion and marketing materials).
- Donation processing and entry.
- Donor database maintenance related to food and fund drives, events and campaigns.
- Prepare reports to measure, track and report community engagement.
- Develop an annual appreciation/recognition plan for community partners.
- Recognize donors by identifying milestones, coordinating appreciation mailings and making stewardship phone calls.
- Represent Ozarks Food Harvest at community events, speaking engagements and facility tours; may include evening and weekends.
- Provide administrative support to Senior Coordinator for various campaigns, programs and events including sponsorship outreach, coordinating mailings, managing related spreadsheets and generation of thank you letters.
- Assist with development of monthly sustainer program including outreach mailings and monthly audits
- Support development of corporate giving program by identifying opportunities and assist with development of annual community engagement plan for partners.Develop process to import volunteer history into donor database.Skills, Education & Experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
- Prior office experience requiredTwo or Four-Year degree preferred
- Experience and comfort with public speaking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fundraising, sales or extensive customer service experience a plusData entry and database maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to design effective marketing pieces, familiarity with MS Publisher or Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Must be self-driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be detail-orientated with a strong sense of accuracy
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities and fast paced deadlines
- Maintain a level of professionalism, accuracy and confidentiality at all times
To apply , please email a cover letter and resume to Senior Coordinator- Development and Communication, Jennifer Sickinger. No phone calls, please.