Food Drive CoordinatorCompany: Ozarks Food Harvest
Date Posted: January 10, 2018
The Food Drive Coordinator will increase community engagement through Ozark Food Harvest’s food and fund drive program. This position will also provide administrative support to the Senior Coordinator and as needed, Development & Grants Manager. This position is responsible for various fundraising and communication duties, and requires tremendous accuracy and attention to detail.
Essential Job Functions
Food and Fund Drive Coordination
- Develop a robust annual community engagement plan for the food and fund drive program. Main point of contact for drives.
- Provide excellent customer service and collaboration with partners.
- Prepare drive materials for hosts including online fund drives.
- Maintain inventory of drive materials and reorder as needed.
- Work with other departments with tasks related to the food drive program. (i.e. coordinate logistics with the operations team, collaborate with volunteer manager to recruit volunteers for drives, collaborate with communication coordinator for promotion and marketing materials)
Donation processing and entry.
- Donor database maintenance related to food and fund drives, events and campaigns
- Prepare reports to monitor and report donor activity through drives, events and other donor activities
- Develop an annual appreciation/recognition plan for food and fund drive donors.
- Represent Ozarks Food Harvest at OFH and community events, speaking engagements and facility tours; may include evening and weekends.
- Provide administrative support to Senior Coordinator for various campaigns, programs and events including sponsorship outreach, coordinating mailings, managing related spreadsheets and generation of thank you letters. *
- Assist with development of monthly sustainer program including outreach mailings and monthly audits
- Support development of corporate giving program by identifying potential engagement opportunities and developing an annual giving plan for partners.
- Monitor online donation processing weekly, reaching out to donors as needed to reinstate credit card gifts.
- Develop process to import volunteer history into donor database.
- Work with volunteer manager to pull reports from volunteer database.
- Assist with donor stewardship by identifying milestones, coordinating appreciation mailings and making stewardship phone calls.
Skills, Education & Experience
- Prior office experience required
- Two or Four-Year degree preferred
- Sales or fundraising experience a plus
- Excellent word processing, data entry and Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Ability to design marketing pieces, familiarity with MS Publisher or Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Must be self-driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be detail-orientated with a strong sense of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsExperience and comfort with public speaking
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities and fast paced deadlines
- Maintain a level of professionalism, accuracy and confidentiality at all times
This job description does not list all the duties of the job and is not a contract for employment. You may be asked to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in the job description. Ozarks Food Harvest has the right to revise this job description at any time. Section 3 applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Senior Coordinator- Development and Communication, Jennifer Sickinger at email@example.com. Or mail your cover letter and resume to:
Jennifer Sickinger, c/o Ozarks Food Harvest, P.O. Box 5746, Springfield, MO 65801-5746