Missouri State University - West PlainsCompany: Director of Development
Date Posted: October 9, 2017
About the Campus:
Missouri State University-West Plains is one of three campuses within the Missouri State University System. The West Plains campus is a teaching and learning institution of higher education offering two-year Associate of Arts, Associate of Science and Associate of Applied Science degrees, certificates and other courses as needed by employers and citizens of the area served. Learn more at www.wp.missouristate.edu.
The Director of Development is responsible for:
- development, implementation, and supervision of fund raising, alumni relations programs, and grant development for the West Plains Campus and service area.
- constituent fundraising, alumni relations, donor relations, annual funds, major and planned gifts, prospect research, and development administration systems relative to the West Plains campus and its service area.
- oversight of identification of funding opportunities, developing competitive proposals, and other aspects necessary for obtaining external funding.
- managing multiple budgets, consults with current and prospective donors regarding applicable technical and gift planning matters, directs campaign activities of the campus, and supervises the publication and distribution of various alumni and development publications.
- assisting the Chancellor of the West Plains campus in the planning, coordination and execution of donor recognition events.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.More information on the position and application procedures are available at http://jobs.missouristate.edu/postings/35929.
Qualifications: Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree is preferred.
Experience: A record of successful fund raising and development experience is required, preferably in higher education.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- A proven record of success and experience in major gift fund raising is required.
- The ability to project a strong positive image of the campus through personal interaction with donors, alumni and friends is required.
- Demonstrated organizational skills including planning, setting deadlines, and evaluating progress is required.
- A demonstrated ability to organize, motivate and lead staff and volunteers is required.
- The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
- Computer literacy, particularly in word processing and use of data bases is preferred.
Effort: Occasionally required to lift and move boxes of materials and equipment weighing 25-50 pounds.
Other: The job frequently requires travel and attendance at evening and weekend activities, meetings, events, seminars, and workshops.
Employment will require a criminal background check at University expense.
EO/AA/Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer and Institution.