Food Drive Coordinator/Development AssistantCompany: Ozarks Food Harvest
Date Posted: October 9, 2017
The Food Drive and Development Assistant Coordinator will increase community engagement by developing and coordinating Ozark Food Harvest’s food and fund drive program. This position will also provide administrative support to the Senior Coordinator and as needed, Development & Grants Manager. This position is responsible for various fundraising and communication duties, and requires tremendous accuracy and attention to detail.
Essential Job Functions
Food and Fund Drive Coordination
- Serves as main point of contact for food and fund drive inquiries, excluding specified annual campaigns managed by other team members, i.e. McDonald’s Cans for Coffee
- Provide excellent customer service and collaboration with donors for event success and increased community engagement.
- Develop an annual food drive plan to expand the program and increase visibility in the community
- Collect drive host contact and event information utilizing the online form, create and maintain master “Current Food Drive” spreadsheet and distribute intake forms to other teams as needed
- Prepare food drive materials for hosts and/or events (information, food and/or fund receptacles, posters) and as appropriate, deliver materials.
- Maintain inventory of drive materials and reorder as needed.
Work with other departments for a variety of tasks related to the food drive program. For example;Coordinate delivery and/or pickup of drive supplies and donations with the Operations team
- Work with Volunteer Manager to recruit volunteer for food drive events
- Collaborate with Communication team for approval of host’s media releases, creation of food drive marketing materials and to determine appropriate promotion via social media, website and community calendars. *
- Prepare necessary reports for the Development team including but not limited to quarterly newsletter, annuals reports and etc.
- Maintain food and fund drive donor information in donor databases - Primarius and DonorPerfect
- Generate thank you letter/donation receipt after each drive
- Develop an appreciation/recognition plan for food and fund drive hosts
- Represent Ozarks Food Harvest at OFH events and community fairs; may include evening and weekends
- Manage online fund drive platform (currently FirstGiving) and create online drives for hosts
- Provide facility tours and OFH presentations as needed
Development & Communication Responsibilities
- Weekly management of online credit card processing platform for declined credit card transactions (currently Authorize.net).
- Work with donor to update credit card information and reinstate gift.
- Donation processing during peak donation times and donor database maintenance as needed
- Manage monthly import of volunteer history into donor database for comprehensive donor profile.
- Work with volunteer manager to pull reports from volunteer database.
- Provide event/campaign support through sponsorship mailings, manage event/campaign donation spreadsheets, generation of thank you letters/receipts and event donation wrap up
- Monitor donors (fund, food and volunteer) to identify corporate matching programs and/or funding opportunities
- Identify and assist with stewardship and development of donors giving through employee giving programs (Benevity, Your Cause and Truist)
- Assist with monthly sustainer program including outreach mailings, answering donor questions, and monthly audits
- Assist with stewardship and recognition including identifying donors and giving milestones appreciation mailings, stewardship phone calls, and tracking outreach in donor database
- Assist at OFH events with donation processing and check out (Empty Bowls); may include evening and weekends
Skills, Education & Experience
- Two or Four-Year degree preferred
- Must have prior office experience
- Must be detail-orientated with a strong sense of accuracy
- Must be self-driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent word processing, data entry and Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to design marketing pieces, familiarity with MS Publisher or Adobe Suite preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; comfortable with public speaking
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to meet fast paced deadlines
- Commitment to Ozarks Food Harvest’s mission to Transform Hunger into Hope
- Maintain a level of professionalism, accuracy and confidentiality at all times
To apply, email resume and cover letter to Jennifer Sickinger.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job and is not a contract for employment. You may be asked to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in the job description. Ozarks Food Harvest has the right to revise this job description at any time. Section 3 applicants are encouraged to apply.