Executive DirectorCompany: Christian County Business Development Corporation
Date Posted: October 9, 2017
The Executive Director (“ED”) will work closely with the Board of Directors of the CCBDC to improve the economic and social climate of Christian County, Missouri. The position includes assisting with the planning and coordination of community development projects. The ED will be responsible for a variety of projects, including but not limited to:
- Develop an inventory of existing and anticipated buildings, land, businesses, and development sites
- Launch a business retention and expansion BR|E program, building relationships with the county’s top employers
- Provide top-notch customer service to businesses seeking assistance
- Utilize a web based customer relationship management system (CRM) to standardize employer and community stakeholder visits
- Design a coordinated economic development effort focused on job creation and retention, increasing the economic and social welfare of Christian County, Missouri, and the sustainable future of the County and all communities within it
- Assist in the preparation of a county-wide marketing analysis
- Assist in developing policies, procedures, programs, and platforms related to economic development
- Fundraising, development, grant-writing, reaching a broad array of revenue sources
- Create an annual budget for submission to the Board of Directors
- Liaise with established Southern Missouri regional organizations including the Missouri Career Center, local chambers of commerce, Springfield Regional Economic Partnership, and nonprofits located in Christian County and the surrounding region
- Write a strategic plan for the CCBDC, in consultation with various stakeholders in the Christian-County area
- Hire administrative staff under the direction of the Board
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance
- Gather and record data, including data related to utilities, taxes, zoning, transportation, community services, financing tools and incentives
- Network with economic-developers through social-media and in-person platforms
- Market the CCBDC brand and increasing its visibility and goodwill in the community through in-person contacts and through the development of the CCBDC website
- Liaise with counterparts in Taney, Greene, and other Southwest Missouri counties
- Function as the county’s business concierge for promoting business start-up, sustainability, and growth
- Research and report-writing
- Set up a permanent office
- Monitor relevant legislation on a local and state-wide level
- Develop and implement a menu of services for the corporation that will utilize the available budget and track results of all efforts, to analyze success
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Business, Finance, Economic Development or related field is required. Successful candidate will have a proven track record in economic or community development, and a familiarity with Christian County.
- Experience working with and preparing annual budgets. At least five years’ experience in a related field is preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of business development, community and economic development. Working knowledge of municipal zoning and infrastructure, and planning programs and processes.
- Familiarity (or a willingness to become quickly familiar) with the workings of the Christian County public and private sectors.
- Ability to work with a broad range of individuals and businesses; excellent public-speaking skills; strong data-management and IT skills; professional appearance; advanced writing skills.
- Having worked with CRM, Synchronist, Xceligent, Constant Contact, Social Media platforms, Microsoft & Google suite are preferred.
Nature of the Employment
At-will employment. This position serves at the discretion of the CCBDC Board of Directors. Some evening work, as well as daytime and occasional overnight travel may be required.
The Executive Director will have no immediate supervisor. Rather, the Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors, and shall work intensively with the Board.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with experience and as required under Missouri and Federal employment laws.
Typical office environment for daily operations. Some conference and meeting travel.
The nature of this position is not overly physically demanding, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The employee would occasionally be required to stand, walk, stoop, or kneel, as well as to lift boxes or office equipment up to 20 lbs.
The Christian County Business Development Corporation (CCBDC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Our relations with applicants for employment and with our employees are administered without regard to race, religion (belief or non-belief), sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship, veteran status, as well as other classifications protected by applicable Federal, State, or local laws. The CCBDC actively promotes this policy by conducting all employment transactions strictly on the basis of job related qualifications.
Our equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment with the CCBDC including recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, job benefits, pay, and dismissal.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: economic development: 5 years