Senior Director of Advancement for Major GiftsCompany: Great Circle
Date Posted: September 25, 2017
Purpose of Position
A senior leader of the statewide Advancement team, this position is responsible for ntegrated fundraising initiatives to secure major and planned gifts. The senior director will develop, manage and implement strategies for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors through individualized plans leading to major gifts. The senior director will lead major gift officers to ensure a dynamic team approach with high reliability to maximize donor potential in all regions. The position reports to the vice president of advancement.
Major Duties (*Essential Element)
Enhance and execute a comprehensive major and deferred giving program to increase charitable support for annual, capital and endowment goals*
Develop strategic plans to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospective and current donors with attention to statewide expansion*
Refine processes to promote major and deferred gifts; create donor communications plans to ensure effective stewardship*
Maintain and update administrative procedures for specific gift vehicles; maintain trust samples and planned giving/life income materials with updates as tax laws change
Administer Missouri Tax Credit utilization, tracking and reporting in coordination with Finance Dept
Adhere to the professional, fundraising ethics of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
Other responsibilities as assigned for the betterment of Great Circle
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- This person must be able to sit or stand at a personal computer for areasonable length of time typing and reading.
- This person must be able to see, hear, speak,walk, and sit. Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Lifting under 25 pounds may occur frequently while lifting over 100 pounds occurs less frequently.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with donors, staff, and volunteers.
Excellent time management and attention to detail
Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and email applications
Skills required include organizational and interpersonal skills
Travel required fulfilling donor and constituent relationship building and fundraising goals.
Possess a current, valid driver's license and meet the Great Circle requirements for insurance
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 8 years of demonstrable achievement in nonprofit fundraising
5 years managerial experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Raiser’s Edge or comparable donor software.
Preferred Education and Experience
Raiser’s Edge use preferred
Certified Fund Raising Executive