Marketing and Communications InternCompany: Alzheimers Association
Date Posted: August 3, 2017
This position is for the Fall 2017 Semester, up to 12 hrs/week, for Academic Credit, unpaid. The Marketing & Communication Assistant is responsible assisting in the marketing and branding efforts of the Alzheimer's Association in a 96-county region. They will be responsible for supporting social media, writing, e-mail marketing, media relations, special events as well as other duties as they arise. The position goal is to increase concern and awareness throughout the organization's service area. Measurable outcomes of this position are an increase in media impressions, an increase in social media followers, published work in local media and more.
Essential Job Functions
- Attend Chapter General Orientation within 30 days
- Writing for press releases, pitch letters, e-news, fundraising appeals and social media
- Follow up with media regarding pitched news items
- Assist in strategic planning for all marketing efforts including, but not limited to: Alzheimer's & Brain Awareness Month, The Longest Day, Walk to End Alzheimer's, numerous client services and educational programs
- Assist with events as needed
- Data entry
- Photo editing
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent ability to communicate in person, print, and electronically to variable audiences
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
- Junior or senior-level undergraduate or graduate student in communications, marketing or journalism
- Writing and copyediting experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel), Google and Adobe Suite
- Experience with developing messages for social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in reasonable temperatures to complete work
- Ability to complete work from the Springfield, MO office unless requested to assist offsite.
- Complete work during traditional work day (8 a.m. â€“ 4 p.m.) with some flexibility to assist on an occasional evening and weekend
- Commitment to providing up to 12 hours of assistance
Send your resume and cover letter:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mail: Send resume to: Alzheimer's Association, St. Louis 9370 Olive Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63132-3214 If apply ing by e-mail, please attach your resume and cover letter as Microsoft Word documents, or include both within the text of your e-mail message.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.