Director of Parish Engagement and Special EventsCompany: Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri
Date Posted: June 15, 2017
Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri, a fast-growing, faith-based, non-profit social services agency, seeks a dynamic, enthusiastic, and passionate self-starter for its newly created position of Director of Parish Engagement and Special Events. This person will be responsible for development and implementation of new Parish Engagement program; will plan, coordinate and oversee all aspects of parish outreach; and will lead staff in planning and implementing agency events. The Director of Parish Engagement and Special Events is the key person responsible for promoting parish involvement and forming collaborative relationships with parishes—essential goals identified for the agency.
The Director of Parish Engagement and Special Events will be an important part of the Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri central office team, helping to promote its overall mission to serve our neighbors in need throughout southern Missouri by “reaching out, providing hope and changing lives.”
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Commitment to Mission, Vision, and Values of CCSOMOAs a key member of the leadership team, collaborate closely with Development Staff and other members of the leadership team to support positive agency culture and promote long-term agency success
- Promote parish involvement and form collaborative relationships with parishes throughout the diocese to inform and raise awareness of the work of CCSOMO, and encourage parish and parishioner participation in the CCSOMO ministry
- Encourage and enlist parishioners throughout the diocese to volunteer with CCSOMO and provide financial support
- Convene pastors on a regular basis to share information and provide mutual support of social ministry activities
- Coordinate outreach to Catholic groups, such as clergy, St. Vincent de Paul Society, Knights of Columbus and the Diocesan and Parish Council of Catholic Women
- Serve as a vital resource for pastors and parishes, providing information and guidance on all aspects of CCSOMO, and respond to request for emergency assistance from parishes as needed
- Work with Communications and Development Departments to promote annual Second Collection and other parish fundraising initiatives
- Oversee the planning and execution of agency events, including fundraising activities and community outreach, with the collaboration of the Communications and Development team
- Provide direct supervision of the Volunteer Services Manager and oversight of volunteers
- Supervise volunteers as needed
- Ensure Parish Engagement Program and Volunteer Program compliance to agency policy and accreditation standards
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer
Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience and knowledge of parish work preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications
- Willingness to work in a fast paced social service, faith-based environment serving families from low to impoverished backgrounds
- Possess a solid understanding, working knowledge and respect for Catholic Church/parish organizational structures, Catholic Tradition, and all Catholic Social Teaching principles.
- Commitment to or willingness to learn and work toward CCSOMO’s mission and Catholic Identity
- Computer skills and working knowledge of a variety of software packages, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well with and motivate staff, volunteers and parishioners.
- Ability to work independently as well as be part of a team, communicate well orally and in writing, and possess good organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and successful working independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Special Working Conditions
Must be able and willing to travel across multiple counties; some overnights to cover the 39 county service area.Evening and weekend work as necessary for special events, parish meetings, or projects.This position may require extended periods of standing, sitting, as well as some repetitive movements, bending and repetitive lifting 10-25 lbs. of weight.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key components and primary responsibilities.This position requires a valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, and proof of insurance.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
Benefits include a full range of health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and prescription), pension plan contributions, vacations, and other benefits as detailed in the Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri Employee Handbook.